Sunday 18 December 2011

In My Mailbox

It's time for In My Mailbox, a weekly meme by The Story Siren!

So this week my signed copy of Darren Shan's Birth of a Killer finally arrived! I have been waiting for it to arrive for quite a while now. It came in a big box with at least five layers of bubblewrap, haha! Got some more books for review from Netgalley too. Next week's IMM will be a very special one, featuring all my Christmas gifts! :D

Click on the covers to go to their Goodreads page.



Bought:


I've been collecting Darren Shan's books for years, and I'm very proud to have this hardcover signed edition now! I hope I'll sometime be able to see him in real life so I can get a few of my other books signed too (:

Received for review: 


I've always wanted to try Maria V. Snyder's books, so I took the opportunity when I found this book on Netgalley. The cover looks stunning. I love the purple flowers.


A simple, yet beautiful cover. I already finished reading this book, but it will be released February 2nd, so my review will posted then on my blog. I have to say I was pretty much blown away by the story. It has such a subtle way to bring it's message across. I loved that even though it deals with faith and God, it isn't preachy in any way.


So, that's it for me! What is in your mailbox this week? Leave a comment!

7 comments:

A Beautiful Madness said...

Touch of Power sounds really good. I really need to read it soon. I heard great reviews about it. Hope you enjoy it!
Happy Reading!
Em
My IMM
A Beautiful Madness

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Yay, congrats on getting the signed edition! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who's obsessed with a certain author *cough* Marian Keyes *cough* :D

I got Touch of Power today, it looks great!

Here's my IMM for this week.

Talk to you soon,
Vicky xxx
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Claire said...

I hope you enjoy Touch of Power! I love Maria V. Snyder's books :) Plus total bonus with the signed Darren Shan!

My IMM is here if you'd like a look :)

manda-rae said...

Touch of Power looks so pretty. I actually haven't heard of Darren Shan, but it seems like you're going to enjoy it. Great haul.

My IMM

April (BooksandWine) said...

I am so jealous of Touch Of Power! It looks awesome. And Maria V Snyder is a fantastic author!

Happy reading :-)

roro said...

enjoy

Fireflywishes said...

I really want to read Touch of Power, I've heard good things about it! Blue Asylum looks interesting, even the title! I hope you enjoy all your books :)

Have a Merry Christmas!

April @ My Shelf Confessions

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: